At Least I Tried

Monday, September 15, 2008

My to-do list for today consisted of about 8 billion things. You know how many of those things I actually accomplished? About three. All because of my six-month-old who, thanks to his Daddy, needs to be held/entertained AT ALL TIMES! I can't get anything done if I have a slobbering, babbling, hair-pulling baby glued to my side all day.


I tried putting him down for a nap but he woke up as soon as his head hit the pillow. I tried putting him in his play-pin and surrounding him with flashy, noisy toys but he immediately turned bright red and began screaming at me. I tried feeding him but he pushed the bottle out of his mouth and spit milk in my face. I even tried bouncing him on my knee and singing to him while I simultaneously attempted to type and make important phone calls.

He's not happy unless he is the absolute center of attention.

By the time Brandon got home my eyes were bulging, my clothes were covered in slobber and I was missing large clumps of hair. I gave him a "let's switch places" look and handed Bradley over to him.

A few minutes later, Brandon said, "Man, I have so many shows coming on tonight, I don't know how I'm going to juggle them!"

What? Your shows? You're worried about how you're going to juggle YOUR SHOWS!

If only...


5 Comments:

Blogger Sass said...

I can remember being in your exact position. And my husband would walk in the door and say, "hey, I'm gonna go play basketball tonight."

I'm surprised I was never locked up for the response to things like that. ;)

If you don't mind, I'm going to add you to my blogroll. K?

~sass

September 16, 2008 at 8:31 AM  
Blogger Imez said...

I'm glad sass added you to her blogroll because that is how I found you and it is very good that I found you.

Every time I hear another mother not entirely enjoying motherhood, I feel a little less like an evil monster, so thanks for that.

Remember, if you've ever had just too too much, they can cry awhile without being hurt...maybe even fall asleep from the effort.

September 16, 2008 at 3:28 PM  
Blogger Sass said...

I forgot to say that, too. In agreement with Imez, it's really not a bad thing for a baby to cry a bit. They say it teaches them to comfort themselves. I'm not saying for hours on end, but I can remember putting my oldest in her crib, with toys and walking away for a minute to just...clear my head.

You have to remember that mommies need time out too, sometimes. :)

September 16, 2008 at 6:42 PM  
Blogger Tinabean said...

Oh men just never quite get it do they?
Even the one like mine that are an amazingly big help.
My boys are the same way as long as I'm playing with them or even just sitting in the same room doing nothing they are completely fine.
As soon as I try to do something productive like clean or make dinner it's all over.
But they are only little once so I play!!!
Thank you for stopping by on my special day.

September 17, 2008 at 6:38 PM  
Blogger Summer said...

Oh my word!!! This sounds like my days with my son. He was just the same way...

What the heck am I doing having another one????

September 22, 2008 at 10:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home